2017 C3 Schedule:
- Sunday January 22, 10am-3pm: Kickoff retreat. Lunch included.
- Wednesday February 22, 6-8PM: Providing input on art projects. Snacks included.
- Tuesday March 7, 6-8PM: Development of exhibition projects, brainstorming community engagement expansions. Snacks included.
- Tuesday April 11, 6-8PM: Researching, making, creating or prototyping exhibition projects, developing map of engagement expansions. Snacks included.
- Tuesday May 9, 6-8PM: Making and Creating. Snacks included.
- Friday July 7, 5-9PM: Exhibition Opens to the Public!
C3 will meet five times from January 2017 to June 2017. Expect to take away new ways of working, new community collaborations, and creative opportunities to build a stronger, more connected Santa Cruz County.
We’ll start with a half-day workshop on January 22, 2017, where we will get to know each other and identify the most important stories, themes, and issues related to transition-age foster youth in Santa Cruz County.
In the months following, we will meet monthly to develop a powerful public exhibition about transition-age foster youth. We will work with artists, policymakers, advocates, and youth to share your stories, build new artworks, and develop ways for the public to be involved.
We encourage you to invite up to three colleagues, volunteers, trustees, and/or transition-age youth to attend the first meeting on January 22 with you. After that meeting, we will ask you to consider committing to the full five months of exhibition development. We will invite you to get more involved with producing artwork, developing events and programs, or marketing/promotion/fundraising around the exhibition.